Turihaua Station has been in the Williams family since 1897. 

Turihaua Station has been in the Williams family since 1897.

The Angus Stud was founded by J.N.Williams at Turihaua in 1906. Registrations have grown since then and we now calve up to 400 stud cows including 120 yearling heifers and up to 50 embryo transfer cows.

Since 2015 Turihaua Station has been divided into two Farming Companies:
Turihaua Station Ltd and Pihitia Station Ltd.
The two blocks are now farmed independently within the family group.
Toby and Amelia are farming the north eastern portion of the farm under the new farm name Pihitia Station Ltd, while Paul and Sarah are continuing to run the Angus Stud block under Turihaua Station Ltd.

Turihaua Stud is the oldest Angus Stud in New Zealand and Australia and has been managed by 5 generations of the Williams family on the same property for over 100 years. We are committed to breeding sound fertile cattle on hill country pastures that mature early but still retain moderate frames.

Emphasis is placed on producing females of good milking and maternal ability.

Many Studs and farms throughout New Zealand have had the Turihaua influence amongst their herds and we have exported cattle, semen and embryos to overseas countries.

Statistics

Property size Approx 1000 hectares (2500 acres)
Topography Medium/steep coastal hill country
Soil Type  Light loam with base of heavy clay
Pasture Type Mainly native ryegrass, browntop, clover.
Annual Rainfall  1150 mm (46 inches)
Forestry 150 hectares planted in pines and eucalyptus
Native Forest 30 hectares
Stock Units  Winter 8,000 S.U.